So @TheCapitolPN tweeted this
which was promptly deleted. (G-Bb-A-D are the notes to Rue’s whistle.)
But if you had clicked inspect element before it was deleted
"You silence our voices, but we are still heard."
HOW COOL IS THIS MARKETING?!?! Like the rebels are hacking into the capitol’s twitter!!!!
"My first day ever on a set - filming David Copperfield for the BBC on July 19th, 1999. " +DanielRadcliffe
175 victims of genocide in Srebrenica have arrived in Sarajevo on their way to Potočari, where they will be buried 19 years after the genocide.
"My God, help us… God you let me be among the living ones, give me strength to stand… We are tired of tears… Lord, give paradise to the victims of the genocide." - young man who survived shooting said through tears.
"Just pain and sadness. I’ll never find peace, maybe on another world. Today I say the last goodbye to my 4th brother. I have had 2 sons, husband, cousins in these trucks" - said Ajkuna Mujić.
Demontration of how to put on a saree 1945 Life Magazine
New from J.K. Rowling: Dumbledore’s Army Reunites At Quidditch World Cup Final
News from the ground in Palestine (Sunday 7 July)
- Autopsy results show that Palestinian teen Mohamed Abu Khdair was indeed burned alive, a crime dubbed “nationalistic” (i.e. racist) by even Israeli officials. (source: Electronic Intifada)
- Israel put Tareq Abu Khdair, a 15 year old Palestinian that they had brutally beaten, under house arrest for 9 days - adding further insult to his literal physical injury. Tareq is the cousin of murdered teen Mohamed. (Source: Al Akhbar), @LinahAlsaafin)
- Extreme Zionists have tried to kidnap at least four other Palestinian kids since Mohamed Abu Khdair (source: MondoWeiss)
- Palestinians across Israel/occupied Palestine have more and more been rising up against their occupiers, which has led to calls of a “third intifada” (Source: Middle East Eye) [N.B. graffiti from above is from Shuafat, the village that Mohamed Abu Khdeir was from, and says “intifada” in Arabic)
- In the first quarter of 2014, approximately 180,000 Palestinians in Gaza were unemployed, up from about 160,000 unemployed in the last quarter of 2013, making Ramadan even more of a struggle than normal (Source: Al Jazeera)
- Two Palestinian men, Mazen AlJadba (30) and Matwan Salim (23), were killed in Gaza by an Israeli air assault on Al Bureij camp. Mazen was the third killed by the Israeli military in his immediate family. [source: Maan News, @Gazanism, @DiaaMahmoud]
- Two other Palestinians (Sobhi Abu Hamed from Qalqilia and Anwar Satalone from Yafa) were run over and killed by a settler in Haifa when trying to fix their broken-down car. [source: @palestinianism, @somepalestiniankid, Anadolu]
- Palestinians in Nazareth set fire to an Israeli police station. [source: @Palestinianism]; near Aida refugee camp (Bethlehem) youth set the apartheid wall on fire [source: @SaidShouib]
- A young Palestinian man was hit in the head with rubber-coated steel bullets by Israeli soldiers in Ramallah, along with three others by live fire in Al-Ram. [source, source]
- The long-hated Jerusalem Light Railway, built by apartheid supporter Veolia, was dismantled by shabab in Shuafat [source: @BDS4Justice].